
On Friday I was innocently whipping through the house with my swiffer. My two little friends Colin and Andrew were watching cartoons eating cereal momentarily. My mom had called so I had the phone tucked into my ear and shoulder. We were catching up on teenage crap that my wonderful, thoughtful, selfless, kind (i kid) brother was pulling this particular day.
As I swiffered the upstairs quickly A kind gesture overwhelmed me and I thought "hmmm I'll grab the garbage for hubby so it's one less thing he'll have to do later" so off to the little trash cans I go. I gather it all up, still talking to mom, still got my trusty swiffer in hand. So I am walking down the stairs..and my kitchen floor catches my eyes.."wow" I think "it's so shiny" and as i approach the floor I never imagined the fall would be heard around Dacula.
Yes..I fell..phone went about 20 feet in one direction..the garbage 10 feet the other way..body parts scattered all over the place..and the funny bone took the brunt of the fall. I do not consider myself to be graceful in anyway shape or form...but COME ON!!! I slipped on a clean floor...so clean it took me down and landed me in the ER.
It was not easy getting there either. I had to call hubby to come home..bring my Parker friends to their mommy. Colin says to me as I am getting him dressed (we had planned on having a jammie day and watch movies) "Ms. Kelly..Ms. Boozer went to the hospital and they gave her a baby" "no buddy I am NOT coming home with a baby..i hurt my arm..didn't you hear me fall right behind you?" "nooooo" (he was watching cartoons)"well if a baby comes out of Ms.Kelly's arm she has a lot of explaining to do" (says hubby) Colin just laughed at us...
So after 7 hours of ER (and a retarded dr)and Orthopedic turns out I have a bone contusion...basically a bruise in my bone and some sort of chip on the tip of my elbow..which is causing shooting pains in my arm and funny bone..all because of a clean floor..IM DONE!!!!!! I thought it would be a child that would bring me down...stress of the neighborhood..stress of bills or life..nope..the floor.
So I did my best to search for a picture to capture the moment..this was the best I could do.. :) Careful ladies..keep your floor dirty!!

Kelly, this is certainly God's way of telling you that filth is best.
ReplyDelete