So I go to the eye doctor with my husband who has been having eye issues. I am good like that..you know supportive and shit. Anyway..I get my eyes checked also cuz hell, insurance will pay for it so..SCORE!
So I get called first. I get brought to this table where..unbeknownst to me they blow air into your eye(WTF)..with no courtesy warning. Then I go into the room of bad news where they tell me I need glasses..with BIFOCALS! Dear God..but he assures me that no one will know...well thank God for that! Just about then my phone vibrates with a message from my loving supportive husband..who just happens to be in the next room separated by VERY THIN WALLS apparently. My message.."o my..bifocals and granny panties". SO as you can see this wasn't my favorite day as of 2010!
Both of us ultimately get our eyes dilated..which they again assured me wouldn't hurt and would be better within the hour. Both accounts they were flat our liars. This was going to be an interesting date we had planned for the evening for sure! We head out to Best Buy to return one of Thirteens (o ya..he turned 14 :( he is now Fourteen) Fourteens game accessory thingi majiggies that he got from Santa that did not work (dam those elves suck). Let me just offer you one piece of advice..don't ever go to Best Buy when your eyes are DILATED! Good grief it was like horns and whistles and bright loud things coming at me in 3D from every direction...and I couldn't make it stop no matter how hard I squinted or whined!!! We wait and wait ..O I forgot to tell you that it was about 5 degrees out this day...and the return section of best buy is outside in the loading dock..O and it was DISGUSTINGLY PAINFULLY SUNNY OUT!!!!! Ok..enough complaining...we did eventually get his item exchanged despite the fact that they said they had no more and I would have to go home and disappoint my 14 year old..MAGICALLY they found one for me (the crazy lady with sunglasses on still squinting and whining and yelling)! First two parts of the date a huuuge success!
Next we head to dinner. Now mind you...both of us were dilated and my hubby couldn't see well either. I thought I would be helpful with the driving..you know helping guide him on when to stop or go..when to floor it through a yellow light (he had plenty of time). Ultimately this ended up in a grumpy ride to the restaurant. We get there..Longhorn..our FAVORITE place to eat.. and the waitres..heeeheee..sits us in this booth. I look up at hubby fully prepared to apologize for being helpful in the car..and bust out laughing cause his face was BRIGHT with sun...and his eyes were shut with pain. The waitress had sat him right in the sun. LOL. We got that fixed and ended up having a nice relaxing dinner of Fillet and taters. Then saw a movie.
It was a wonderful night full of laughter...and upon telling my mother about our adventures....well lets just say that unnamed pants were peed and hiccups were consumed.
Another wonderful eventful evening :)

No comments:
Post a Comment