Thursday, September 24, 2009

Game Night

Yup...it was national Game Day yesterday. I am really not a fan of board games, never have been. Generally speaking anything that involves me sitting still for more than 20 minutes usually puts me to sleep (unless of course there is wine and snacks involved). So yesterday we were suppose to play a game together as a family. Have I mentioned that I have 3 kids? That's an odd number..it means one person will ultimately get left out of something. Given the history with DQ and Einstein I knew this wasn't gonna be pretty.
So for most of the evening I stayed upstairs busying the children with stuff until bed time. Honestly I was hoping I could avoid this board game shit...but it didn't work. Now don't get me wrong..I looove doing stuff with my kids..but doing it ALL TOGETHER usually ends in tears, yelling, pouting, and 100% DRAMA!!!
About 7:30 rolls around and I was on the computer doing some ipod stuff for DQ..and Hubby came in.."wanna play a game?" wellllll of course they do...their children..they are innocently thinking (as they run downstairs to get "their"game) that the game played will be their choice!!! WOOHOOO!!! off they went..
Three fights, two body slams, and one slam of the garage door later here comes DQ and Einstein. Dq is already in tears...Einstein is pissed (yippy lets play a game).
Well..as previously written..there are 5 people in this house. Of course not everyone wanted to play the same game..well..lets play both!! Nope..not gonna happen..noway..uhah..nada...no. Drama ensued, yelling Occurred, doors were slammed, and children were ordered to their rooms to wash up for the evening.
Dam game night...there should be a saying..ya know like "let sleeping dogs lie" "let sleeping children sleep" "LET CHILDREN WHO ARE PREOCCUPIED WITH THINGS OTHER THAN PISSING OFF A SIBLING BE!!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment