It is so funny how life can go in cycles and waves isn't it? When I was a teenager I slept till I woke..and partied all night. Then you get married and you slowly start to settle into married life..dinners with friends..movies..daytrips etc. Then WOOOOOOSH you have kids and your whole life is turned upside down. You no longer own your own life...it's run by that little 7 pound human in the crib screaming because...well who knows..it's any ones guess. Although you miss your old "life" the new one you get with your kids is truly a priceless experience. Your child gets older and you experience everything for the first time again. If your lucky you'll soon forget the sleepless nights and the crying and you'll get the bug to have another.
Our kids are older now with their own little life's. It's almost like Hubby and I are getting part of our life that had been on hold for the past 13 years. It's nice. I'll admit we aren't the same people we were 13 years ago...but we still make each other laugh and I still think he is the most amazing man I have ever met. I love our little family..and truth be told...I'd love to have another child. The three little munchkins we have are amazing little people. But we have reached a wave in the cycle..I feel like we gave up a part of us at the beginning in order to start a family..and now we are getting it back. It's pretty cool.
Now hopefully he can stand to be around a girl with a police record..the "offender" if you will. The "unlawful" touching incident has spread like wild fire..and to those who witnessed it...or heard about it first hand..they won't let me live it down..good thing I can take a joke (and kik their ass). I can't believe that I went 37 years without a run in with the "fuzz"..now I am mom of three..and I have a record..lmao.
Sixteen years we have been married...wow. Sixteen years of..gut wrenching..tear jerking...knee slapping..laughter :) Can't ask for more..(maybe just a working pool)
To our friends who have little ones and can't sleep for more than 5 hours at a time..enjoy it..it goes so fast.
To our parents who did a bang up job of raising us..thank you with all our hearts.
To our friends who will drink and joke and laugh till we pee..so glad to have you in our lives! :) o...and we'll be there in 5...get the pool table ready :)
December Recap
7 months ago

You can always come and love on my sweet boy!
ReplyDelete