Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Father's Day Dad :)





As Father's day approaches I have been thinking about my dad a lot. Many of you know my mom...few have actually met my dad. So let me tell you about my dad..

Growing up I had one man in my life..dad. He was the source of laughter and love in my life. I could confide in him about anything..and he would always make it right. How ever tough the conversation was..no matter how hard I cried..no matter how mad he was with me..it ALWAYS ended in laughter.

Some of my fondest memories of growing up are these...

1)Every Sunday my mom would clean the house..like spring clean..so it involved some major cleaning..my dad would make a huge breakfast and put a record on really loud, it usually was Donna Summer or Neil Diamond, anyway..he would be dancing and singing around the house with newspaper and windex..while we followed in loud laughter and singing our favorite songs.

2)Standing on his feet as we danced in the living room...on moms freshly vacuumed carpet making foot prints :)

3)Our pool in the backyard...swimming with him..even though the pool was only 4 feet deep..it was the best pool in the world

4)The way he teased my mom and made us all laugh...even mom.

5)The english muffin breakfasts he would make me every morning so my day started out right ..before school.

6)All the time he drove me to school because I was being bullied on the bus (ironically by a girl named Alyson)

7)All the times he ran out of gas...or joked that he was so I would scream and giggle for him to GET GAS

8)working at Everette's Auto Parts on Saturdays..playing hide and seek in all the cars outback..only to enjoy a hot pizza and a coke from the coke machine :)

9)Teaching me how to drive

10)All the dogs he let me have ..knowing I would not take care of them.

11)Scratching my back...for hours

12)The look on his face when he saw each one of my babies for the first time :)

Thank you dad..for a wonderful childhood and being the best dad and Papa you can be. I love you very much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment