Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hubby catches me in a white lie :)

So we were sitting with some good friends this weekend sharing stories and drinks, a story from my past resurfaced ..much to my dismay. We laughed so hard telling it and hearing it again I thought I would pee my pants. Some of you have heard this..some haven't and I assure you it puts Hubby in a new light :)

It was about 5 o'clock in the afternoon and I returned home after work. Hubby and I have been married less than a year. I get home and put on my workout clothes. I had FULL intentions of working out. I turned on the tv to set the vcr (yes this was a loooong time ago). Low and behold Oprah was on...hmmm..this looks interesting... so I sat down and watched it. The phone rang..it was Hubby.."how was your day what ya doing?"he says in his handsome sweet just married voice.. i say..."it was good...I'm (cough cough) umm working out" here in lies my white lie (I truly had planned on it)(it's Oprah's fault I lied)(I should sue her) anyway...we hang up and I continue my Oprah program. O ya, I had applied one of those green masks that make your skin all pretty and soft and kissable...while sitting on my ass. O and I was eating chips...lays..you can't have just one it truly is impossible.

SOOOOOOOOO I had been home ...o about 45 minutes. The phone rings again..It's Hubby.. "I'm on my way home..o and by the way there is a surprise for you in our closet" he says in his sooo cute just married voice...I say (in my i love you so very much can't wait to jump your bones just married voice.."ok..hurry home"

So here is the funny part...cause I KNOW you are all wondering where the hell this is all leading. I hang up the phone ..at least I threw it to the wall in a hurry..SPRINTED to our closet..(we had those metal lever doors) I WHIP OPEN THE DOORS looking up wide eyed with excitement and anticipation and complete utter love for my new hubby that bought me a gift....I think my mouth was even open with a pre excitement squeal for what ever my wonderful new Hubby had bought me...

From the depths of our closet...from behind all our clothes...from the floor of the closet...comes Hubby with a ROAR so loud it scared away all the geese outside shitting on our 2x4 piece of grass we owned..

At that moment...after I resumed consciousness..I declared war on my "husband". Later that night as we were snuggling in bed..he says to me "sweety my neck is sore from sitting in the closet for almost an hour..could you rub it?" UMMM NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

We have enjoyed 16 years of marital bliss with practical jokes and the kind of laughter that makes your face hurt.

Years passed..we had children..forgot about the past...and like a bad embarrassing moment it came crashing back to us last night. We laughed so hard I nearly peed myself. Good times :)

1 comment:

  1. PMP!!! We had a blast as always....and new nicknames always seem to come up... GLO!!!!

    ReplyDelete