Saturday, April 4, 2009

Guess who is hiding in that bunny suit?



Ok..so we had our annual Easter Egg Hunt in our neighborhood this weekend. This year I joined the board, more like my arm was twisted and pulled :)...anyway, my friend Flo and I are on the board and we planned out this amazing egg hunt. We stuffed 1000 eggs..hid them..and prayed for kids.

A couple days before the egg hunt we had this great idea...we should TOTALLY get the Easter Bunny to come..YES..THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! So off to the costume store we venture out...get the costume (check) raffle tickets (check) candy (check) wine for after (check).

The day comes..and I suit up, with advice from everyone to "remember" to not cus at the kids or flip them the bird ..NICE THANKS GUYS!! Yes my mask made me look like I had a stroke..but I sucked it up and headed out to the crowd of children. There is nothing more disturbing than the look that they give you..the pure fear..o my!!! I tried to be a gentle, soft, friendly bunny (even though some of them reeeeeally deserved a pop in the ass). All in all I think it was a huge success..I'd say only about 1/3 of the kids cried :) (and not because when they were real close to me i whispered "im fake and so is Santa")..I joke!!! O and can i say that my face hurt after the whole event..why you ask? Because for some reason I smiled in all the photos taken of the bunny..!!..YOU CAN"T SEE MY FACE!! But ..yes..I smiled!! What a dork I can be sometimes :)

SO now that Easter is on it's official way I guess I gotta get my "mommy bunny" asssss in gear and go out and get some treats for my little kidlets. Hmmmm...what shall i get them this year? A bus ticket to go visit Auntie Sasa in Boston for the WHOLE summer? How about two weeks of summer camp where they prepare you for the next school year? hmmm...I'll have to think about it!! :)

Happy Easter everyone!! :)

1 comment:

  1. OK - just laughed out loud at the bus ride comment ... you don't let them into the bathrooms at gas stations, let alone go on a bus for 2 days! :)

    But great job as the Easter Bunny! Keep Smiling!

    ReplyDelete