Ok...I'll have to say that in a nut shell today was pretty busy and stressful as it was. I thought 2 months ago that I was doing something smart by making dentist and doctor appointments for all three of my children on the same day. This way, I thought, they would only have to miss one day of school not two, and I could get all the drama over with in one big swoosh. :) ya right!
Three kids..one cavity. Pretty successful trip to the dentist don't ya think? NOPE! My drama queen is the one with the cavity...not only a cavity..she has to have the tooth pulled. GREAT! Also, the hygienist informs me, all three of your kids have a cross bite and need to go to the orthodontist. One set of braces costs $5000 start to finish. So folks you do the math...in one visit they (the dentist and orthodontist are in cahoots I am convinced) cost me $15000 and possibly a stroke because now I have to take DQ back Tuesday to get her tooth "fixed" (pulled...sshhhhhh).
Promptly after that visit we trudge over to the doctors office. The whole way there my 13 year old is telling DQ that she is going to have to get a shot. I am praying for God to just get me home with no more drama than humanly possible. We get to the office...DQ is crying..13 year old laughing..middle child car sick from the "race" to the Dr's office mommy won with the car.
As I sit calmly in my chair filling out the 60000 forms they make you fill out EVERY TIME you go in, for God's sake. My children are all talking to me at the same time, my head was pounding. 13 year old wants to know what I am doing..DQ wants to know if shes getting a shot (I don't know I am not a Dr i tell her over and over) middle child sits answering my questions...what is your birthday...what is DQ's birthday because I have at this point lost my ever loving mind.....here is where my question comes in....
Squeakers...what the hell? Who in God's name thought it would be "cute" and "fun" to stick frigging squeaky things in toddlers shoes? WHO WHO WHO? Let me tell you there is NOTHING cute about it...there is NOTHING fun about them. They are HANDS DOWN the most annoying, ridiculous, head piercing, mind blowing thing I have ever seen in my ENTIRE life (29 years..heehee not really;)jk) Really..I just sat for a moment...what the hell is that sound? Is there a puppy in the office? When I went up to the desk to give back the 60000 forms I had to fill out that answered questions about my 13,7,9 year olds..like...when was your last period..do you drink..do you smoke..come on people..really? Anyway...when I got to the desk...I saw her...the 24 month old with those annoying shoes on. I wanted to scream, instead I said "how cuuuute", really...not really..not cute AT ALL.
When I got home I went immediately to the computer. I HAD to know who on God's green earth created these nightmare shoes. I did not get past the first page. The people who invented these shoes I am convinced is in cahoots with the devil himself. The headline on the web page reads this..."Fun for you and your toddler" WHAT?!?!?! Where is the fun? SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK!!!!! I just don't get it. A toddlers feet move at warp speed when they walk...that means you hear squeaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueak at warp speed! OMG!! These people need to be tied to a chair and have numerous children in "squeaker" shoes running around them. grrrrr!
So all three of my kidlets had a "tuneup" if you will today. One shot (thank God not for DQ) one cavity and one huge headache later we were all home..wheeeeew. O and btw...there is no way to treat pms in a 7 year old girl..I asked. I did however, leave there with a 90 day supply of my "happy" pills :)
squeakers....what the hell? Frigging idiots!!
December Recap
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment