Sunday, February 8, 2009

My babies are growing up :(

Today I watched my DQ riding her scooter down the street with a friend..all by themselves. As i watched her I was tickled pink to see her doing a "big girl" thing. There were days I would have bet big cash that she would never ever leave my side. There were days i thought "my God girl..can I pee alone?" And in the snap of a finger...there she goes down the street on her scooter...around the corner where I can't see her. Wow!

I have thought here and there that it would be cool to have another. But what i really want i guess is for my babies to be babies again. Sure it's nice we can sleep late and we can do amazing things with them being older, but I would love to go back in time and smell there dirty sticky little hands again. They have turned into such amazing little people.

My DQ has befriended a little girl in her classroom that can't walk or talk. This little miracle of a child communicates with a computer and works her wheelchair with her head. DQ comes home every day and tells me all the funny things they did that day, and how amazing this little girl is. We have heard from others how amazing Dq has been with her and how she will take time out of her own day to help this little girl. Apparently this little girl communicated that she wanted DQ to come to her house and to dance together to Hannah Montana. My heart filled with the most amazing love and pride and just WOW...WOW Dq you are an amazing little person and I am so very very proud of who you have become. Wow...that's my little DQ!

My middle child....einstien...I don't know where he got his thought process. When he was born I fell in love with him one hundred times over. I thought I gave birth to a monkey he was so hairy. He has amazing big brown eyes and a Portuguese complexion. Einstein is logical, quiet, brilliant, and a little stinker (literally)! I am amazed daily on his lack of fear to take on something new or his brilliant little mind. Recently he took on basketball, Einstein is not very tall, he gets out there though and he plays the game!! Aggression is not his forte (unless dealing with DQ) but he makes due and yesterday we watched him play the most amazing game of basketball. The game went from us loosing 4-16...to a tie at 22-22...then we went into a 2 minute overtime with parents yelling and jumping and the coaches were yelling at the refs...o my goodness it was an amazing game!! Anyway...we lost 26-24..such a bummer. Einstein came off the court holding in those tears..i was so proud of the game he played...those boys stuck it out and did an amazing job. My little Einstein...my little monkey...God when did he get so stinking big?

And of course there is my hormonal 13 year old. It truly seems like yesterday that he was a little two year old and i wanted to ring his little neck because he wouldn't go to bed. He slept with hubby and I till he was about 6 :) we joke that Einstein was an immaculate conception :). Now I consider thirteen a good friend of mine. Not in the weird way that parents sometimes get where there is no discipline..o he gets that trust me. But in a way that I look forward to hearing about his day..I look forward to time alone with him, which we get every morning in the 55 thousand car rider lines I go through, he is my last stop. We text each other about a thousand times a day. He has a wonderful sense of humor..can definitely take a joke..has actually made me pee myself in scarring me to death. So very responsible .. so far :)! And he has amazing friends...that's what I love...everything about him..little thirteen!!

I swear to you .... it was just yesterday that I was dressing thirteen in his batman pajamas he refused to take off for days. Yesterday i watched Einstein sleeping in his crib with his big brown eyes shut and his big eyelashes fluttering as he sucked on his passie. It was just yesterday that i was putting DQ's little strawberry blond hair in pigtails and they would stick out the side of her head like antenna's...lol...my God where did time go?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now I am crying. I am there with babies right now and I constantly think "Am I going to remember this? Will I be able to think back and enjoy this all again when they are older?" Why can't they stay little forever????

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post, Kelly! And I have so many of those memories ... except, or course, Chris in bed ... I wasn't there for that! That would have been a reality show in and of itself ...

    But I digress ... you and Dave have raised some wonderful people! I'm so proud to be their aunt and I still love that they call me Sasa!

    ReplyDelete