I recently had a conversation with a friend...I was telling her about a mom at school that I seem to run into all the stinking time. Every time i do I walk away from her feeling bad about myself....not that she says anything in particular...she is a pleasant person. She seems to have it all...money..kids with great sports ability..all the time in the world to pamper herself..yadda yadda...
I get so mad at myself for feeling that...for doubting what I have...for wishing I had more...more for my kids..my family..ya know? In talking to my friend we just said to each other why is it that you just can't be happy with what you have? Why do we as a society always want more..crave more...want to be the best in the biggest suv with the biggest bank account. When we can't have these why do we envy the ones who do? We kept talking and talking and at the end of the conversation I had a thought...
If I can't be satisfied in my life...will my kids feel that too? Now don't get me wrong...I will always want them to strive for more or to do better...but I also want them to be happy with themselves and their life's I want them to feel satisfied and at peace.
And in that statement....I realized that out of that 10 minute conversation I have with that woman...I am happy...I am satisfied and proud...at peace.
At night when I lie my head on the pillow I am thankful for my babies..these amazing children that God blessed me with...my wonderful husband...and everything else is just whipped creme.
So to those moms who brag beyond belief about their "things" I wave you on to the next person...cause i do not care "what" you have.....because it is "who" I have that makes my life priceless.
Of course all that and a beverage!!!! :)
December Recap
7 months ago

I think we want more because it is ingrained in all of us that more things means more happiness. Logically you know it isn't true but it's still a fairly common mindset to fall victim to.
ReplyDelete