stomp stomp stomp...up the stairs she goes....SLAM goes the door!!! What is this you ask? My daughter. When we were pregnant with Ali..I prayed everyday she was a girl. And when she was born she was this perfect little 5 pound bundle of pink. Oh how beautiful she was lying in the bassinet in the delivery room...it stormed the night she was born. Our room had this huge window and the lightning was unbelievable. But there we were, Dave and I, in this quiet room with this perfect little girl in the small bassinet...she was so so sweet. I had two rambunctious boys at home of which I adored tremendously...and now I had this sweet sweet bundle of pink. Life was great. As far as babyhood goes she was very easy...went with the schedule of kindergarten for Chris and terrible two's with Jon. Oh if only life could be so simple again.
Stomp stomp stomp...up the stairs she goes. Why you ask...because it was bed time..or because the sun went down...or because i was wearing blue....or because oh hell I don't know....why do they cry and slam doors? Of course she was made to come back down the stairs and walk up them the right way and close the door gently...as she walked through her doorway she was holding her tongue and grinding her teeth. Wow...is this what we were like? I KNOW I had a perfectly good reason for slamming the door back then (I can't remember right now ) I know that I had a PERFECTLY GOOD reason for screaming out my door....and stomping up those stairs...thinking the whole way..."you will not run my life ...you know nothing". And here I sit....the knower of nothing and the life ruiner...nice to meet you!!!!
Oh parenthood....this is by far the hardest job ever. And isn't karma a bitch! :)
December Recap
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment