Saturday Ali and I and her friend Kimsey and her mom Candace went to Dillards (a department store like JC Penneys for those of you up north) and they were having this "model search" for kids Ali and Kimsey's age. So we thought hey what the hell we'll go...we hadn't a clue what it was for. So saturday I literally have to throw Ali in the shower because she HATES showers. Then we have a huge fight over what she is going to wear..I gave in...then I gotta get myself dressed. So I am in my closet trying to pick something out to wear to what we thought was a model search for my DAUGHTER....not me...and I could not for the life of me pick anything out. What the hell I keep telling myself...I am not gonna model anything for Gods sake...but yet there i stood for a looooooooooooong time in my closet. Why you ask? I have no idea. I kept coming out.."do I look frummpy" I asked Dave...."no" was his answer...back in the closet I went..."does this look frummpy?" I ask him again...."noo" he says....yet I go back in for the tenth outfit..."do I look frummpy?" he just looked up. I soon settled on what I thought was the least frummpiest of all the outfits. Only to have to change ten minutes before we got picked up because I spilled water on myself in the kitchen. I ended up wearing the first outfit I put on (ugh).
So on to the mall we go. Ends up it was this "contest" where your daughter chooses an outfit in the store and gets her picture taken. Then they post the pictures and the public votes on them. Whoever wins gets to keep the oufit they modeled. Wheeeeeeeeeew cause I got all dressed up for this and I was relieved I didnt look frummpy :) !!!! lol
She had a blast with her friend trying on all the clothes and modeling them in the dressing room. It was a cute experience for them. I tried to convince her to have her picture taken in these $45 capri jeans (yes $45 for a 7 year olds pair of capris...you see why I tried to get her to wear them) that way if she won she could have these awesome jeans...nope....she picked a rocker type Hanna Montana get up. It was absolutely adorable...hope she wins!!!! Oh and then as we left Dillards and entered the mall I suddenly became a woman with a bottomless wallet. We went from store to store...spending :( I regretted on the way home. But Ali got some really really cute clothes.
OH OH OH I forgot to tell you Old Navy was having this $7 sale on jeans. OMG I have never been to one of these sales (I don't get out much) anyway, these tables had piles of jeans and tons and tons of people standing around them grabbing and pushing for their sizes. I pushed up my sleeves held my breath and dove in. I became this hysterical crazed woman grabbing and pushing for jeans. Did I "need" jeans? nope. But was I heading to the table to join in the fun? YUP!! I got 4 pairs WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Were they the right size? Well, nope BUT noone else got them!!!
LOL It was a Saturday i will not soon forget!!!
Thank you to Candace and Kimsey for treating us to a once in MY lifetime experience!! :)
December Recap
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment