what happened to my beautiful handsome first born? What happened to "yes mommy" "ok mommy" and those looks they give that says..."you are the best mommy in the whole world"..what happened? Somewhere along the road of our summer vacation I think a hormonal sarcastic demon who apparently does not like ANYTHING I say has possessed my handsome first born. The "yes mommy" has turned into "WHATEVER" and "OOOKaaay!!!!". And at the same time...explaining all this to my mom her usual "I know" has turned into a snicker I was not comfortable with!!! What are you saying mom? I certainly don't remember rolling my eyes till my eyeballs "froze" that way...or slamming my door so hard it shook the house!!!!! This of course is unexplainable to anyone who does not have a teenager in the house. Why why why does that hormonal demon rear it's ugly head so suddenly? Is it such a big deal that I suggest a shirt with a collar rather than one without? Goodness gracious has become my new key phrase...simply because if I cursed every time I wanted to...no one would talk to me (hmm i have to rethink that statement!!) Anyway...to those who still have precious little ones who look at them so adoringly...enjoy it! And to those who have teenagers...WHY WHY WHY!!!! :( :)
And to the lost and found for teenagers....please be on the lookout for a boy with brown hair..very handsome and funny who answers to the name of Chris!! I think I may run away from home when Ali gets closer to "the age"!!!!
December Recap
7 months ago

Oh Girl you are speaking my language....Not sure when Conner and Hilary (she's 13), turned on us... I say to them both, "that's right, I was born 30 and have no understanding of what it's like to be your age". I too get the snippy tone, "whatever" and the barking "mom" (which sends me over the edge). They half listen and say "ok" to everything I ask. I think back to my youth and know I did the same so I guess it's our turn. I don't want a turn on this joyous ride....
ReplyDeleteSo here is a story my father shared with me when Conner was little and in his f'ing three's. He reminded me that my brother was a good kid until he hit 10 then turned into an a**hole, then the games began and that this was nothing. I asked when did he grow out of it, to which he replied... How old is Seth now. So we are in for some fun!! In all seriousness, I think come 9th grade they will be back and loving us as Mom's, right now we band together and try and stay sane.
Do NOT speak ill of the Chrisbob!
ReplyDelete