Sunday, September 19, 2010

Never say never...it will happen to you


You know those stories of mommies and daddies who leave their child in a car by accident? I sympathize with them, God only knows how busy and frantic they must be to have forgotten a CHILD...right? How quiet was that child..and how much was that parent just engulfed in that quiet moment where they could actually think for a second in peace...maybe that's it..they just STOP thinking!
I do not pass judgement on these people..awful. I wouldn't think that that would happen to me..I'm far to routined...and i have very very noisy children..both my own and my backseat posse :).

So now that I've said that would NEVER happen to me..I have an awful..devastating.. story to share with you..

Mammee had to go back to Boston for what we hope is a short visit. So the past week was emotional (I hate when she leaves..she hates going..it was pms week). It was my first full week of the Back Seat Posse going back to pre-school and getting the scheduled tweaked to perfection for drop offs and pickups. I love to be there and back and there and back everyday at the same exact time (I told you I was routined). My beloved chihuahua, Franki Frank, loves to go in the car with me for car rider lines. He can be anywhere in the house in a deep sleep and as soon as i grab my keys and open the garage door he will rush through the house with the greatest of speed to be the first at the door..no matter who he trips on the way.

This day in particular we had reached our last pickup of the day, and boy were we all glad to be home..it was hot and we were all exhausted from a long week. There was very entertaining conversation going on in my backseat (as most days) with the BP. They came home with paper crowns on their heads and it was decided by one that they were all queens..to which the other stated "no..you are a boy..I am a girl..you are the king and I am the queen" to which the one said "we can all be queens!!!!" gleeee and happiness filled the car and rainbows and unicorns fell from the sky:))) Homeward bound we were...we get home..get out of the car..go have lunch.

As I was finishing up placing (prepared already on the plates as I am a little routined) their lunches on the table and they are washing their hands I FROZE IN MY SHOES!!!!! OMG I DIDN"T....NOOOOOO.... my heart started to race and i started to swet. I thought I was gonna vomit and pee all at the same time. MY FRANKI FRANK WAS IN HIS CARSEAT (yes he has a carseat for safety..don't judge) IN THE CAR ALLLLL ALOOOOOONE!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rushed into the dark, hot, scary garage and retrieved my beloved out of his car seat(he had fallen asleep)...realized he was still perfect..smooched him agazillion times and went into the house. As I was appologizing to my chi one of my BP's says (gasp)"Ms'Telly did you leave Franki in the car all alone! O MY GOODNESS" To which my mother comes running down the stairs to share in the laughter that had errupted in the kitchen..from the children. I was devistated and swore her to secrecy. This lasted till my family got home and she blabbed to EVERYONE what I had done..bad mammee!!

He is OK..I am OK..apparently I need to get him a bell.
There in lies why I will never say again..."I would never"....my poor baby

1 comment: