Friday, August 7, 2009

School orientation

So usually after I visit the middle school I have some pretty funny shit to report...this time not so much. For the most part my first two orientations at the elementary school went off without a hitch. It was great seeing everyone again and chit chatting about our summers. Moms were bouncing around classroom to classroom with visions of peace, quiet, and alone time in their head. While the kids, excited to see their friends, walked with sadness, dispare, and complete dread. The teachers are prepared and reserved with the hopes of a great year.

So off to the middle school we go. Thirteen was dreading this day and I felt for him. We had received a postcard in the mail with his new teachers name on it. Upon looking her up on the school website we discovered that she is one of the gifted teacher. 13 was in panic mode..."mom I do NOT want to be in gifted classes" I assured him there was a mistake and we would get it dealt with. So off we go to the middle school and a meeting with the Assistant Principal (great way to start the year huh?)

WELL .... to my absolute joy and happiness (and 13's disappointment and fear)..it was indeed not a mistake. 13 was placed in the gifted program due to his hard work..straight A's and overall attitude. Upon teacher recommendation and grades they placed him into this program. I was in tears with such pride for him..and love..I couldn't believe it. And btw..these grades that he got..he got on his own last year. He is freaking out..I am giddy with excitement!!!

So do you know what this means folks? My two sons are in the gifted program at school and have COMPLETELY BYPASSED ME in smarts. I am no longer a help with homework..but a hinder. I am no longer a source of knowledge for them..instead just the encourager..lol. I don't normally use this blog for bragging but thought 13 deserved a little shout out..GOOD JOB KIDDO!!!!

And now our school year begins..with the homework and the drama. I'd like to think that I am fully prepared for what we are about to embark on..but am quite certain I am not lol!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of 13! That is totally awesome! I am also hoping I don't make the blog this year in the "teacher complaint mode". :) I will be watching!
    D.Q's new teacher!

    ReplyDelete