Tuesday, March 3, 2009



Growing up I lived up north..snow during the winter months was a norm...the expected..the looked forward too. Here down south winter consists of some cold rainy days and once in a great while it will snow. This past weekend it snowed!! My kids were so excited to see it snowing. We got about 2/3 inches all said and done. You would have thought it snowed a foot :)

When I was small i would walk in the woods behind our house down by the brook and sit under the trees and listen to it snow...I can remember breathing in the cold air and smelling the snow, tasting it...as a matter of fact as I sit I close my eyes and I can actually here the silence of the snow and smell the sweetness of it..nice! I miss that so much. The snow..innocence of being a kid and being able to take in such a wonderful thing.

As we were gathering up all the wet clothes from playing outside I heard my kids talking and 13 was saying to DQ.." did you hear how quiet it was outside?" she said "did you taste the snow?" My heart just melted ..I love that they are kids..I love them so much :) I wish sometimes that I could take them back to my childhood and show them all the cool things I saw or did. They are changing so quickly.

This past weekend was a gift..to all us parents who needed a brake from all the daily crap of life..a brake in the norm if you will. I had a wonderful time with DQ and 13 and Einstein...thank you Mother Nature...for that wonderful gift :)

No comments:

Post a Comment