Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We are officially married.....




...AGAIN!!! We had the most wonderful three days. The hotel that we stayed in was amazing...and we found this great bar down the street that was on the second floor of some shop so we sat up on the balcony and just watched people go by. Of course we did a little shopping (for the kids) and got a couple trinkets for ourselves to remember the trip by. It was wonderful. The ceremony took place at this little chapel Dave had found. We were nervous surprisingly...we got to the chapel and the sweetest minister performed the ceremony. Right by that waterfall was where we exchanged vows. It was SO ROMANTIC!! Of course in all aspects of life...nothing can be perfect right? So we were listening to the minister and this damn bug kept landing on my shoulder...I'd nudge it off...give a little blow...but the stupid thing kept coming back. I didn't want to let go of Daves hands and just WACK it...so I suffered!! It was a full set of vows with the exchange of rings (our original ones) and all. Funny thing....when we pulled up to the chapel there was a sign that said "no vans or trucks" beyond this point ya know...so Dave parks the van...and we head up (no lie) this HUGE hill...actually 2 HUGE hills to the chapel. I was yapping at him the whole time....I'm gonna be sweaty (you know how I hate to sweat)!!! I made it..and thank God the office was COLD!!!! So there we are....all married!!! Girls...it's definately better the second time!!! NO STRESS!!!!



3 comments:

  1. The dress is beautiful!!!

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    You have really done a nice job with the family blog. I just wanted to say that you were beautiful and I enoyed having our vows renewed. I had a great time just spending time together (and all that people watching).

    I also meant to post earlier and thank you for the picture and the prayer for my mom. That picture is perfect...look at the love and concern Ali has for mom. I would never wish this on anyone...but it has been so amazing to watch everyone rally around mom. The children have been a big support to my parents and to me. Its amazing how grown up they have had to be...it makes me so proud.


    I wouldnt be able to do this emotionally without all of you..thank you for the prayers. My mom is so special to many of us and I am so proud of her fight and determination. I cant wait for the day when mom can get up and raise her hands up and say I beat this! I know with everyones prayers and her heart that someday will come!

    ReplyDelete