Monday, June 23, 2008

My mom


Ever have a day when you feel like the worst mom in the world? We've all been there. Feeling that way is what makes us all good moms in the long run. My mom and I have certainly had our moments. I certainly have them with mine. As I have gotten older I have come to realize that being a mom is truely the most difficult job there is...no doubt. They should have the word "mom" under the definition of guilt. We never feel like we've done enough...said enough...hugged enough...disiplined enough...given enough..provided enough. Boy..that was exhausting just thinking about. But it is true. And God forbid we trip up and don't do the right thing somewhere along the way! Our children are the single most important thing in this world to all of us. When I watch my kids I feel such pride and love it's overwhelming...(of course those moments can come crashing down when one approaches with demands or attitude ! :) ) Anyway...there is a point to all of this. When I have had a "day" from you know where...I call my mom. When I feel bad..I call my mom. When I feel happy I call my mom. When I see my moms face I am overwhelmed with pride and love. My mom is the most wonderful mom. She is brave. She is beautiful. She is smart...and tells it like it is. She is funny. She will give you the shirt off her back. She has sacrificed her whole world for her children. I know we all say we would....but she really did.
Today she called me. This is really hard for me to write. wow. She was having a moment. I told her how important she was...how much we love her. And how much we miss her (and boy we do). I hope that I helped...I hope that I got across to her how much I love her. I wish that she was here. I don't want her to feel guilt or regrets. She is my core...she is the reason I am who I am. I wish that I could hug her.
To all you moms that are having a "day"....You're doing a good job. All you can do is love love love...after that it's all just not that important. I hope that I have with my daughter...the relationship I have with my mother. If I can achieve that in life with all three of my babies...than I will die a very happy person. Mom you are amazing and have done an amazing job!! I love you. And thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment