Thursday, June 25, 2009

Anyone have any pms pills? Icecream anyone?


Today was an interesting day. DQ woke with a very sore ear. I took her over to the Dr. and she has "swimmers ear"....................!?!?!?!?!

Does anyone else see the humor in this? She has swimmers ear not from being in the pool..because we have none. She has swimmers ear not from swimming..we have no pool. She has swimmers ear not from swimming in a lake..we have none. My DQ has swimmers ear from playing in the bathtub for the last two weeks because we have no pool :( . My DQ has swimmers ear because I have ENCOURAGED the bath time so she will stop following me around the house asking me a thousand different questions. She has swimmers ear because the bath time is the one/two hours I have NOT to be playing barbies..or the easy bake oven..or watching Charmed for the hundredth time :)

Swimmers ear...from the tub. LOL ...Anyway..we are home from the Dr. and guess who came rolling through the neighborhood? Dingalingaling...yup the frigin ice cream man.
Now I have to start this story by first saying that I am in FULL pms mood. I reallllllly can't express to you enough how much of a pms mood I am in this month..don't no why..I just am..it is what it is.
Ok...so here he comes down the road..here comes DQ...

"mom can I have an ice cream?"
"no baby you can't..we've talked about this" now of course i'm feeling bad because she is hurting..but I did buy her some lip gloss and nail polish in CVS when we got her script...so I am not all bad..yet.

"mom pleeeeeease" Here comes that stupid truck..and at this point we are outside picking dead flowers off my pots on the front step. I feel the PMS rage coming ..not at DG...at that stupid 5 o'clock jerk. O no...here it comes...don't do it...O NO HERE IT COMES.....

"honey..look at the driver..now doesn't he look creepy..only creepy old men sell ice
cream like that..they put on that fancy kid music..with those yummy ice cream stickers to draw you to the truck..and you know...you just can't trust people like that...it could be a bad guy" Then I shot the ice cream man the look of death...and his truck melted to the ground :)

"REALLY!! Ya mommy he does look creepy u r right"

I know...I know..I am going to hell. But really I didn't know what else to do. Every day he comes through here at dinner time..and I REFUSE to spend $5 on an ice cream barbie pop. Sometimes I just loose all perspective on what is right and what is wrong to say..I just try to get through the moment :) So I guess I just stamped out a pivotal moment in my little DQ's memory of her childhood...yes I should be sorry..but I tell ya every time I think about it I laugh like hell..like now..tears rolling down my face in laughter...ooooooooo if you can't laugh then shoot me now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment